CMB-310: XenApp, XenDesktop & Provisioning Services 7.1x Administration (Fast Track Course)
Certification: CCA-V | Course Length: 5 Days | Instruction Method: Classroom or Virtual | Download PDF Version
This fast-paced administration course covers the major aspects of installing, configuring and managing a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x environment as well as a full Provisioning Services 7.1x environment for image management. Gain an understanding of the solution architecture and communications, and the factors that contribute to a successful deployment. This accelerated 5-day course will teach you how to deploy and deliver apps and desktops (MCS and PVS); install and configure StoreFront and Citrix Receiver; set up profile management; and configure policies, printing and basic security features. Also, learn how to monitor and troubleshoot the environment with Citrix Director.
- Foundational knowledge of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop required to be successful with the platform
- How to install, configure, and manage a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop site
- How to deploy and deliver apps and desktops to end users using both Machine Creation Services (MCS) and Provisioning Services (PVS) on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- How to manage the end-user experience through policies and settings including profiles and printing
- How to install, configure, and manage a highly available Provisioning Services infrastructure for image management
Built for IT Professionals who need to install, configure, and manage XenApp, XenDesktop, and Provisioning Services. This course is taught at a faster pace and experience with previous versions or preparation with our free eLearning is recommended. It is an appropriate starting point or a refresher on version 7.1x for administrators, engineers, and architects.
This course requires little to no previous experience with the 7.x version of the platform; however, Citrix recommends this free eLearning: CXA-105 XenApp and XenDesktop Foundations. Previous knowledge of legacy versions of XenApp or XenDesktop is also beneficial due to the faster pace of this course.
Citrix Certified Associate - Virtualization
(Partial preparation for CCP-V)
This course covers both CCA-V materials as well as provisioning services content covered in the CCP-V exam and students will receive an additional exam voucher with purchase of training.